Objectives of the ORCHESTRA project
- Develop an advanced DSP-based physical-layer multi-impairment monitoring algorithm suite.
- Develop a holistic approach to Quality of Transmission (QoT) determination in all network lightpaths using information from distributed software-defined optical performance monitors (soft-OPMs) and advanced correlation algorithms.
- Develop a hierarchical control and monitoring infrastructure providing active and passive monitoring capabilities and rapid network function.
- Develop dynamic optimization procedures for fault management and network re-optimization.
- Lower the barriers of resource sharing among operators domains through the efficient monitoring of alien lightpaths and accurate physical layer SLAs.
- Demonstrate dynamic and highly efficient flexible network operation enabled by software defined optical performance monitoring.